Salary: Competitive, based on ability and experience
About the Company: We are a forward-thinking, fast-paced and growing digital agency, based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
Job Brief: We are looking for a Bid Writer to join our bid team. The Bid Writer will support all bids, proposals and pitches, through the formal RFP response processes, as well as on an ad hoc basis for new business opportunities.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Bid Writer with experience in the digital sector to develop their skills in an exciting, collaborative environment, as we continue to accelerate our considerable growth.
You will provide comprehensive and professionally written content, which articulates the organisation's proposition in a form that can be readily interpreted by prospective customers.
You will help the Bid Manager to qualify opportunities, prepare bid presentations and proposals, and assist in the training and development of the Junior Bid Writer.
It is essential that you are a specialist bid writer with first class writing skills. You will have had experience writing complex bids, and experience leading the content development process.
- Review client documentation to commercially and technically qualify opportunities
- Complete Prequalification Questionnaires, Invitations to Tender and Requests for Information / Proposals in liaison with the Bid Manager and Junior Bid Writer
- Create, format and proofread bid documentation, using preexisting text and graphics where suitable and developing new, where needed
- Work with internal teams to extract or create resources for each client response
- Liaise directly with clients to capture and clarify requirements, where necessary
- Coordinate proposal creation and ensure submission deadlines are met
- Attend sales and bid planning meetings
- Assisting the Bid Manager in the training and development of the Junior Bid Writer.
- A track record in bids / tender writing in the digital sector
- Knowledgeable about digital/technology - technical aptitude and understanding of software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in writing and proofreading
- Highly flexible and motivated, working without supervision as needed
- Ability to multitask to work across bid activities effectively
- Experience of building strong relationships at all levels - internally, with clients and prospective clients
- Deadline-driven, with effective time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed team environment
- The ability to understand and respond to technical information in response to a client’s specific requirements
- A positive, friendly and can-do attitude
- Experience using business tools – Google Suite, MS Office.
Bonus Points for:
- Education to Degree level in English (or a related subject, such as Journalism)
Benefits of working with 6B:
- The basics - generous holidays and a good pension scheme
- Office treats - regular fully subsidised lunches and breakfasts
- Keeping fit - 50% subsidised gym membership
- Having fun - regular team days out and activities
- Appraisals - appraisals and salary review every 6 months
- Easy going - flexible start and end times to work around your lifestyle
- Flexible workstation - let us know what tech you need to do your job well
- Working from home - flexibility to work from home/a coffee shop/anywhere.