Salary: Competitive, based on ability
About 6B: We are a forward-thinking, fast-paced and growing digital agency based in Wakefield. We need to expand our team to meet the ever-increasing demand for websites, web apps, mobile apps and other exciting projects.
Job Brief: We are looking for an aspiring and motivated Credit Controller to join our team at 6B's head office in Wakefield. You will report directly to the Finance Director and you will provide effective debt collection to maximise cash collection from our customers.
About the role: This role will consist of contacting customers to ascertain payment dates, resolving problems in relation to invoices and payments, reporting to the Finance Director on outstanding issues, whilst highlighting potential debtor problems and ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within the team. Building strong relationships with businesses and customers to prioritise debt collection is key to success in this role.
- Credit Control - Chase up outstanding invoices via calls/ follow up emails.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel skills Intermediate level+, including formulae creation.
- Inputting information and updates into Xero accounting software system.
- Running weekly reports from Excel/Xero.
- Liaising with Finance Manager and lawyers to implement legal action where necessary.
- Support to other areas of the finance department if required, payroll, sales/purchase ledger.
- Renegotiating repayment plans with people - you’ll need to have an assertive but tactful manner with good negotiation skills
- Ensure customers have received their invoice/s, pay on time and chase any overdue invoices
- 4-5 years’ experience of working in Credit Control
- 4-5 years’ experience of using Xero
- MS Word and Excel skills - minimum intermediate level essential
- Excellent communication skills & rapport building
- Tenacity, persuasion skills and highly organised (follow up diary call backs)
- A high degree of attention to detail
- A ‘hands-on’ approach to work in a hardworking and fast paced environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a digital agency
Benefits of working with 6B:
- The basics - generous holidays and a good pension scheme
- Office treats - regular fully subsidised lunches and breakfasts
- Keeping fit - 50% subsidised gym membership
- Having fun - regular team days out and activities
- Appraisals - appraisals and salary review every 6 months
- Easy going - flexible start and end times to work around your lifestyle
- Flexible workstation - let us know what tech you need to do your job well
- Working from home - flexibility to work from home/a coffee shop/anywhere