Quality Assurance Executive
Salary: Competitive, based on ability
About 6B: We are a forward-thinking, fast-paced and growing digital agency based in Wakefield. We need to expand our team to meet the ever-increasing demand for websites, web apps, mobile apps and other exciting projects.
Job Brief: We’re looking for a technical quality assurance executive to join our team. The successful candidate will assist with testing websites and applications, logging defects in detailed bug reports and participating in root cause analysis on a variety of projects for our clients.
About the role: Working with the development and project management teams within 6B we are looking for a quality assurance executive with an eye for detail who is self-motivated and passionate about delivering a high level of quality assurance to our clients.
- Analysing website and application requirements and specifications
- Web based application testing and technical feedback
- Creating and executing acceptance testing and user stories
- Logging defects and writing detailed bug reports and participating in root cause analysis
- Demonstrate test plan coverage in walkthroughs/reviews when required
- Participate in business requirements review sessions with peers and business users
- An eye for detail, with the ability to spot problems and inconsistencies
- Self-motivation, with a willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of testing strategies and testing frameworks
- A basic understanding of web architecture and the development delivery lifecycle
- An understanding of SEO, accessibility, best practice and performance testing
- Strong analytical, documentation, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience testing against user stories and user interface design
- Understanding of user interface and user experience design concepts
- Someone who takes pride in product quality and has a quality mindset
Bonus points for:
- Development experience in a programming language
- Experience working with version control systems e.g. git
Benefits of working with 6B:
- The basics - generous holidays and a good pension scheme
- Office treats - regular fully subsidised lunches and breakfasts
- Keeping fit - 50% subsidised gym membership
- Having fun - regular team days out and activities
- Appraisals - appraisals and salary review every 6 months
- Easy going - flexible start and end times to work around your lifestyle
- Flexible workstation - let us know what tech you need to do your job well
- Working from home - flexibility to work from home/a coffee shop/anywhere
No recruitment companies please.