Salary: Competitive, based on ability
About 6B: We are a forward thinking, fast paced and growing digital agency based in Wakefield. We need to expand our team to meet the ever increasing demand for websites, web apps, mobile apps and other exciting projects.
Job Brief: We are looking for a qualified digital copywriter to join our team. You will be working closely with the design and project management teams and will be expected to write copy for website content, blogs and marketing campaigns for 6B and our clients.
About the role: For this position, we expect you to have strong listening skills, excellent writing ability, good research and analytical skills, attention to detail and a basic understanding of digital marketing.
- Carry out project scoping and create a clear brief, in order to ensure you understand what the client wants
- Tailor the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose - whether they are intended to sell or inform
- Understand your target audience - you're not writing for the client, you're writing for their readers, so you'll need to know what interests them
- Identify key messages - understand the main thing that you want the reader to feel and do and how to communicate this powerfully
- Work with creative teams to ensure that the visual elements of the webpage complement the words
- Research your client's industry and their audience
- Identify fresh and interesting angles for your articles
- Write for web pages, blogs and potentially for social media, e-books, slogans, and video script
- Edit your own and others' writing
- Provide other digital content, such as images and video, if required
- Input your content to the client's content management software (CMS), if required
- Work with your team to review the impact of your work
- Assist with business pitches to win new clients or projects.
- Strong listening skills, so that you can understand what the client wants and effectively develop a project brief
- Excellent writing ability, including the ability to write in different styles and to other people's direction
- Good research and analytical skills to gain an accurate understanding of the subject in question
the organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often to tight deadlines
- A creative approach, both in coming up with ideas for new projects and for getting a message across innovatively
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- Good attention to detail, including the ability to proof-read your own and others' work
- Strong interpersonal skills as you'll be working with a range of clients as well as creative and marketing team members
- An understanding of digital marketing and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Specific IT skills, such as an understanding of HTML or WordPress.
Bonus points for:
- Proven work experience as a copywriter in another agency
- A deep understanding of SEO and writing effective SEO content
Benefits of working with 6B:
- The basics - 20 holiday days each year with 8 bank holidays and a company pension
- Office treats - fully subsidised lunch once/month and breakfast once/month
- Keeping fit - 50% subsidised gym membership
- Having fun - team days out twice/year
- Appraisals - appraisals and salary review every 6 months
- Flexibility - flexible start/end times (8:00-9:30 to 4:30-6:00)
- Flexible workstation - let us know what tech you need to do your job well
- Working from home - flexibility to work from home up to 2 days/month