Apple have unveiled their most recent operating system iOS10. The release is intended to give customers the benefit of a softer aesthetic.
Apple has also announced other improvements off the back of iOS9, including a more intelligent Siri, a quicker Apple Watch, an easier to use Macbook and improvements to iMessage.
Features of the eagerly awaited iOS10:
- Siri, Apple's voice based virtual assistant, has had a complete makeover as well as being added to Mac OS for the first time.
- iMessage has seen its interactivity expanded. It is now possible to replace words with emojis in a single tap, send handwritten notes and transfer voicemails into text. This app has also been opened up to developers allowing financial transactions and other tasks to be completed. This is widely seen as a response to the growing popularity of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Mac users will now be able to use their Apple Watch to unlock their Mac and users will even be able to use fingerprint recognition technology to authorise payments through Apple Pay.
- Apple Music, the subscription-based streaming service has also been redesigned to make it easier to use whilst the HomeKit app can now be used to control a range of smart devices within the home.
- Apple News has introduced a subscription feature and Apple Maps has been redesigned to be more proactive.
It is to be seen whether these upgrades will be sufficient to keep Apple at the top of the digital technology tree, however Apple currently continue to relegate the competition with their innovative ideas, and iOS10 look a testament to that.
Here at 6B Digital we are a young, vibrant company who like to keep abreast of all the latest developments in digital technology.
We produce interactive business websites and CRM systems to enable our customers to compete in an ever more digitised world.